9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Closing or delay due to weather? Check WFMZ:
Don't Let Holiday Bills Make You Grumpy!
The holiday season is a time for smiles. But those holiday bills can make you frown.
You can turn your frown upside down—with Skip-A-Pay! Members can skip either their January or February loan payment through our Holiday Skip-A-Pay
Please Note: The deadline for the Holiday Skip-A-Pay is Friday, February 13, 2015.
With the Skip-A-Pay program:
- Skip one month (or a one month “equivalent,” which is 2 bi-weekly or 2 semi-monthly payments.)
- There is a modest processing fee of $30.00 per loan skipped. For your convenience we can deduct the fee from your share account, or you can send us payment with your signed authorization.
With Skip-A-Pay, you get a one month break from paying your loan. The loan payment is not eliminated, but rather is advanced to the next month. For example, if the 10th payment on a loan is due in January, by opting to “skip”, then the 10th payment of that loan will be made in February instead, moving all remaining payments back a month. The loan maturity date then will move one month also.
For compliance reasons, Home Equity Loans, Mortgages, Lines of Credit and VISA credit cards are not eligible. To qualify, a loan must be at least 3 months old, and in good standing. Only one skip is permitted annually per loan. Interest will continue to accumulate on your loan during the month you skip. Your loan maturity date will then be extended by one month.
Important: To skip your loan payment, you must sign up! Joint loans require both borrowers’ signatures. Stop by the office to pick up a Skip-A-Pay form or click here for an online Skip-a-Pay application, then print it out, sign it and mail or bring it to office.
For more information or to request to skip a loan payment, call the Credit Union at 610-691-0041.
- To skip your loan payment, you must apply for Skip-A-Pay and be approved by the Credit Union.
- There is a modest processing fee of $30.00 per loan skipped.
- The fee can be conveniently deducted from your share account, or simply send us payment with your signed authorization.
- For compliance reasons, Home Equity Loans, Mortgages, Lines of Credit and VISA are not eligible.
- To qualify, a loan must be on the books for at least 3 months old, and be in good standing.
- Only one skip is permitted per loan within a 12 month timeframe.
- You may skip either the January or February payment, but not both.
- Interest will continue to accumulate on your loan during the month you skip.
- Your loan maturity date will then be extended by one month.
- Loans in joint names require joint signatures to skip a payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply? Ask for an application at the Credit Union or click here for an online Skip-A-Pay application and complete your form online; then print it out, sign it and mail or bring it to office. For more information, please call us at 610-691-0041.
- What does it mean to "Skip" a payment? With Skip-A-Pay, you get a one month break from paying your loan. The loan payment is not eliminated, but rather is advanced to the next month. For example, if the 10th payment on a loan is due in August, by opting to "skip", then the 10th payment of that loan will be made in September instead, moving all remaining payments back a month. The loan maturity date then will move one month also.
- If I want to skip my loan payment, must I do anything? Yes. In order to skip a loan payment without being considered delinquent, you MUST sign up for Skip-A-Pay. Your request to skip will then be reviewed for eligibility.
- Which payment can I skip? July or August, but not both.
- Is there a fee for accepting the Skip-A-Pay offer? Yes. A $30 fee will be charged for each loan payment skip.
- Why are none or only some of my loans available for Skip-A-Pay? Several factors may cause a loan to be ineligible for Skip-a-Pay:
- Your loan payment due date has already passed.
- Your loan is not yet 3 months old.
- The loan is Real Estate or open-ended line of credit (VISA & credit lines).
- You have skipped a payment on the loan within the last 12 months.
- What if I don't have the $30 fee available in my share or share/draft account for the payment skip? Simply deposit or transfer funds to a share or share/draft account at the credit union. Or you can provide us with a check for the fee.
- Why can't I skip my Credit Card or my Real Estate loan payment? Real Estate loans and credit lines have special regulations that prevent us from offering this service.
- Will I still be charged interest if my payment is skipped? Yes, interest will continue to accrue even though your payment is deferred.
- My payment was due yesterday. Is it too late to skip? Yes. Only loans that are considered current will be eligible for Skip-A-Pay approval.